Static website coded in flat HTML language to display information to the visitors, better known to be basic website easy to create and cost-effective. They don’t require any costing for hosting as there is no require of database design and simple programming and publishing does your work.
Advantages of static websites
- Quick to develop.
- Cheap to develop.
- Cheap to host.
Disadvantages of static websites
- Requires web development expertise to update website.
- Website not as useful for the user.
- Content can get stagnant.
Dynamic Website may shed more from your pocket as compared to creating Static Website but provides many advantages along with it. You get the power to make changes and updates to your website with timely new content and images. Some of the advantages are as content management system(CMS), e-commerce, bulletin / discussion boards, intra-net or extra-net facilities, ability for clients or users to upload documents, ability for administrators or users to create content or add information to a site (dynamic publishing) and much more.
Advantages of dynamic websites
- Much more functional website.
- Much easier to update.
- New content brings people back to the site and helps in the search engines.
- Can work as a system to allow staff or users to collaborate
Disadvantages of dynamic websites
- Slower / more expensive to develop.
- Hosting costs a little more.
Mostly businesses have been using static websites so far but as time is passing by businesses have started to migrate to dynamic websites. To make better use of maketing and analyticlal tools to increase number of visitors and buyers.
Now its your choice what you need best for your business, just depends on your needs.